The phenomenon of reflection of waves obeys the Law of reflection where:
- The angle of reflection is
notequal to the angle of incidence.
- The incident wave, the reflected wave and normal lie in the same plane which is perpendicular to the reflecting surface at the point of incidence.
Characteristics of reflection of waves:
- The wavelength , speed and frequency of the reflected waves is the same as that of the incidence.
- Angle of incidence = angle of reflection.
- Direction of propagation of wave changes.
Application of reflection of waves: